Friday, November 9, 2007

Finally, a cable

I am working on a cabled sock for a co-worker. The yarn is Louet Gems sportweight and it is very nice to knit with. The pattern is from Knitting on the Road - the Whitby pattern.




I am also working up some swatches for a sweater I want to knit in Donegal Tweed. I haven't seen just the right sweater, so I am thinking about designing my own. I want it to come to mid thigh, have a hood or high collar in case of windy weather, and it will be a cardigan. I haven't yet decided about tie or buttons. Here are two of the cables I am thinking about, in the two colors I am thinking about. This is the Reef Knot. I thought about one of these on each side in the front, with small rope cables framing them. (I couldn't get a really good photo, sorry)


This cable is the double X cable. Both cables are from Barbara Walker's treasuries. I thought I might use three of these on the back of the swetaer, again with small rope cables framing the larger cables.


What do you think? Is that too much? should I choose one and use it front and back? Should I omit the rope cables? Opinions, anyone? Please?

2 comments:

subliminalrabbit said...

i think you could do the double X on the body and maybe the reef knot on the sleeves and it wouldn't be overkill. they are both beautiful cables!

Anonymous said...

Both are really beautiful, though I really love the bottom one.