Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Cable Mittens!

My submission to the KAL is complete! For my birthday, my sis got me 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders. It is a great book- lots of easy, small projects to use up yarn! I chose the Elegant-and-Easy Cable Mittens for the Entire Family pattern. My cable is a little off; when I wear the mittens, it twists towards the thumb. I didn't follow the pattern at all- I just used the cable from the book and started knitting from the top down. For my first pair of top-down mittens, they turned out pretty good, I think.



These mittens took two balls of SWS, actually- I wanted to knit each from its own ball (less tangles, and I don't own a ball winder), and I was afraid of running out. However, now I have two half balls of SWS leftover- perhaps I'll make a cable hat to go with my new mittens?

No comments: