Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hello!

Hi everyone, I'm Christie, one of your hostesses, and I just wanted to take a moment to share my planned project for this year's KAL.

It's the Cabled Coat from the 25th Anniversary issue of Vogue Knitting. I found the pattern on Ravelry, immediately fell in love and bought the magazine that same day.

I would prefer my coat to be a little shorter, ending at the collar's edge. This means less yarn and more work trying to rearrange all of Norah Gaughan's hard work designing this thing. I'm pretty confident I can make it happen.

As far as yarn is concerned, my original plan was to use some gray All Seasons Cotton, but nixed that since I already have a gray cabled sweater [from our first Cable KAL]. I then decided on some Chocolate Ecological Wool, but found the color in person a little too drab for such a fabulous coat.


I finally decided on some natural colored Debbie Bliss Merino Aran from my very own stash. I think is a great choice for this sweater. I swatched up a bit yesterday and the gauge was spot on. Now I just have to wait for the Knitpicks Options needles I ordered to arrive and I'll get down to business.

I'm too excited to start this!

No comments: