Monday, September 24, 2007

Starting the sleeves!

Joining the group with Central Park Hoodie.


I received an order of KnitPicks Merlot Heather, Swish Superwash, only 8 skeins, for a different project. But when I saw the color, I knew what I wanted to do with it, and fortunately, a quick call to KnitPicks confirmed that more of the same dye lot was available - Whew!! It's on it's way to me, so I started the two sleeves yesterday (9/23). It's working up quickly, and holding my interest! So far, I'm sticking to the pattern -- but I will probably try to knit the back and fronts as one piece, eliminating the seaming. I'm looking forward to chatting with others who are currently working this, or those who have already finished it.

Here's what I have so far - many of my pictures will have one of 2 small boys in them. I am a babysitting grandma of 2-yr-old twins, and I can keep an eye on them better if they're in front of the camera!

3 comments:

Virtuous said...

OOh I am loving that color for your CPH!

I am thinking about using this yarn for one of my major cable garments. How are you liking the fiber?? Does it seem like it will shed or pill badly??

Love how you are knocking out 2 sleeves at one time! Haha :o)

shoeboots said...

I knit the hoodie earlier this year. It was fun and very quick! Actually, I may end up knitting another one, I liked it so much! I love the rich brown yours is!

Petunia said...

When I ordered, I had thought the color would be more of a deep red. (My color card doesn't show these new "Heather" tones) The brown was a bit of a surprise, and it has wee hints of other colors, rather than just a flat dead brown. Beautiful. Will get a closer pic if I can get the fellas to stay still!!