Friday, September 14, 2007

I Love Cables

Thanks for inviting me to join this KAL. I love cable knitting more than any other kind of knitting, and it will be fun to share my projects and progress with you. Right now, I'm working on a sweater I designed for my husband, Ed. I've been at this since January--and I've interleaved it with other projects--but the weather is getting cool, and he wants to wear it.

Here is an old photo of what it looks like. I have finished the collar, but I haven't done the ribs on the pockets or the sleeves.



The yarn is Mountain Mohair from Green Mountain Spinnery, which I've used before for cabled sweaters. In fact, I have some in their raspberry color that I hope to start for me in a month or so. I thought I'd use a pattern from VK, but I've been reconsidering another design of my own.

This one should occupy me for the next couple of weeks.

If you want to see more details about this sweater, check my blog: primetimeknitter.typepad.com.