Monday, September 24, 2007

Tangled Yoke Cardigan progress

I'm knitting the Tangled Yoke Cardigan from the fall 07 Interweave Knits. Instead of starting from the bottom up, I started at the yoke area with a provisional cast on. Later, I’ll pick up there and knit down so I can adjust it to fit. More info on my blog here if you are curious as to why I'm doing it this way.

I'm also knitting a red cabled cardigan of my own design. It will have cables from just under the bust down, and gradually widen over the hips. This is what the cables are looking like on it.

2 comments:

Christie said...

Very nice! That's so smart to knit neck down so that you can adjust the length accordingly!

Marji said...

great idea to knit top down for this. For some reason, I hadn't looked closely at that pattern, and I thought the pattern was an applied I-cord. Looking very nice.
Pretty cables creating a bit of a herringbone on the red too.