Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Vintage Cables

Hello all!

This is my second Fall Cable KAL and after much thinking, I have decided on three projects. I am about to finish one that I started less than a month ago, so that will be my first cable-y project. It is the Relax Cushion, from Jo Sharp's Home book.

The other projects for the KAL are from two vintage magazines. The first one is a Cable/Lace Cardigan from a Fleisher magazine, dating to the early 60's. I am using a Portuguese yarn, Rosarios 4 Cantabrico, in denim blue.

The second project that I will try to finish is a cabled sweater, from a Bernat Handicrafter, dating to 1958. I am hoping to use Jaeger Shetland from my stash but I only have 5 skeins and the yarn is discontinued (anyone have an extra ball for sale/swap, in the grey tweed? please?!) so I may have to rip it but I am willing to risk it as I think this yarn and pattern are a perfect match!

Come see the progress at The Crafty Weasel!

3 comments:

Christie said...

That Bernat Handicrafter pattern is adorable!

Great project choices!

Anonymous said...

I really like that vintage cable and lace one.

Marji said...

Love the vintage cables and lace cardi.
I hate to say this, but I know that even with 100gr balls, you are going to run short for that shawl collar sweater. I have the Shetland Aran in sage and in forest, but alas, not in the grey tweed. Try the ISO thread on Ravelry to see if you can score some more.